1. I went for accupuncture on Thursday afternoon. I told the accupuncture person my problem was depression, so she said for that, I need ‘bio-feedback’ and accupuncture. Okey dokey I say. She hooked me up to a laptop with some wires around head, wrist, ankles. Then a diagnostic scan, then some kind of therapeutic ‘bio-wave’ adjusting (huh?), which felt lovely actually. My legs got all warm and relaxed. Then some needles (in my head, yikes!) and relaxing to flutey Chinese music. Then some herbs to take home.
Well, I feel a whole lot better! Despite my total skeptic alert at the mention of ‘bio-waves’. This shit is working it seems. Who knows if it’s the needles, herbs or dreaded bio-waves. Something is making me feel better – lighter, a little hopeful. I’m no longer dwelling on the awful points of everyone I know, which is a symptom of my depression.
2. I got my new second-hand bike from the bike store where it was having a tune-up. Lovely ride home. It’s a hybrid, which means a city bike for cruising. I’m a city girl, so it’s perfect.
3. Mr. Wrong sent me an email wishing me a happy Persian new year, which I deleted. No contact. Yay for me.
4. I went to the Gardiner ceramic museum last night with an arts meetup group. Amazing renaissance designs on plates. They were figurative designs telling stories from mythology / Bible. Astonishing. I love things that tell little stories – like a reminder of the good part of childhood.
5. My intention is to bike down to the gym and sign myself up today. Let’s see if I do it!